Tuesday, September 1, 2009

29 years in a blink of an eye

As the years add up, there is a tendency to miss our youth, or to question the lives we call our own. Being that I'm on the eve of my birthday I decided to do a run down of a few of the more salient events in my own life. As I review this list, I can't help feeling a sense of pride about everything I have experienced in this relatively short life. Some people twice my age couldn't hold a candle to it. What makes me feel even better is that I know, I'm forgetting things that should probably be on there. But between these lines, lie the better measure of a good life, the people you shared them with. Because even now I don't remember the details of some of these moments, but I do remember with absolute clarity who was next to me during them.

So without further ado, my life in no particular order:

Drove across the country

Graduated college

Fell in love

Went on African Safari

Took a helicopter to prom

Saw the Tour de France

Visited Paris

Stood on the Equator

Visited the Galapagos Islands

Saw Michael Jackson live

Was on a girls gone wild commercial

Had my heart broken

Got a job

Got fired

Lost a parent

Earned a varsity letter

Watched the Macy's Day Parade from Time Square

Recorded a CD

Wrote a screenplay

Saw Eric Clapton live

Rode a bike down a volcano

Moved to California

Shot a gun

Went to Mardi Gras

Surfed in Hawaii

Skied in Vail

Walked down Abbey Road

Smoked a joint

Kissed a stranger

Swam with dolphins

Visited Normandy

Learned to drive a stick shift

Spent Christmas on a beach

Rode a motorcycle

Went skydiving

Climbed a mountain

Joined the mile high club

Went skinny dipping

Had surgery

Performed at The Rainbow Room

Saw Bob Dylan live

Did a rum tasting in Barbados

Went on a cruise

Got arrested

Went fly fishing in Alaska

Was a Captain of a team

Ate caviar

Befriended a stranger

Found God

Saved a child from drowning

Got stitches

Went snorkeling in the Caribbean

laughed till i cried

Learned to play guitar

Rode in a hot air balloon

Gambled in Las Vegas

Got in a fight

Pierced my ears

Got a tattoo

Watched the 10 greatest movies of all time

Watched someone die

Visited the Grand Canyon

Ate a steak at Tavern on the Green

Flew in a stunt plane

Watched a sunrise in New York

Watched a sunset in California

Stood up at a wedding

Made a movie

Committed a crime

Taught a class

Slept under the stars

Saw a Broadway Show

Attended the U.S. Open

Spent an entire day in bed

Won an award

Jumped off a bridge

Jumped off a cliff

Shared a beer with my Dad

Became an older brother

and walked my mom down the isle


TO BE CONTINUED....

2 comments:

  1. you've inspired me to make a list of things i've experienced. i have writers block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lame, but...I got chills! You've lived quite the life, Hunter. Wow!

    ReplyDelete